Pages

Damn you Plants vs Zombies...


Remember this game anyone?

I've always been a video gamer since I was a kid. Arcade, playstation, pc, etc... Played games in all sorts of platforms. During my teenage years and early 20s, I was quite hardcore playing certain pc games up to 2am-4am. Sometimes no sleep at all. It has been while... a looong while since that happened... With a business to run and loved ones to care about, I don't get that much luxury to play video games anymore. I rather go outside and do some exercise when I got the free time.


CAUTION: It may not look like it, but this is a VERY ADDICTIVE game.

But this game called Plants vs Zombies... After months hearing about it and ignoring to play it, I finally played it last week during late night hours. Why in the world I want to play a game about plants trying to kill zombies? I was just damn curious and the gamer inside of me had to find out how good is good. Apparently Plants vs Zombies was...

...nominated for the "Casual Game of the Year" and "Outstanding Achievement in Game Design" Interactive Achievement Awards from the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences. Also nominated for "Best Game Design", "Innovation", and "Best Download Game" for the Game Developers Choice Awards. Plus it was picked by Gamezebo as one of the 'Best games of 2009'.

Yup. This cute little game was actually ranked against the best games out there that had far superiors graphics and took years to make. So after spending many late hours for the past few nights to finish the game, I now know why just like the millions of people around the world who are playing it too. Want to know why too? Go to http://www.popcap.com/games/pvz and give it a shot. Try not to blame me if you get addicted. :-)



So for some of the productive and quality hours that was sacrificed... DAMN YOU PLANT VS ZOMBIES! Other than that, its nice to get a taste of gaming again. Back to work...

6 comments:

GladysDavid said...

LOL. Plant vs Zombie IS addictive. I was hooked last year after my cousin introduced it - and went as far as installing it on my lappy. I still play it leisurely now and then, tapi not with that much urgency coz i finished all the levels XD

d1n0za said...

GladysDavid - haha I finished all the levels too. Playing around every now and then with Mini Games and Survival Mode.

maslight said...

*rofl. Reminds me when we started playing. @_@ if you replay kan, confirm you can't stop XD

Genova said...

it's ok. it's a very short game if u go hardcore. so the total productive hours reduction may not be that much over the long term.

d1n0za said...

maslight - hahaha And I heard the sequel is coming out very soon?

Genova - True. Not that much. But still... Damn you Plants vs Zombies... :-)

Cath J said...

hahahhaha...

ok bck to work...

Post a Comment