Pages

a RED letter

10.30pm, 13th February 2010, Coffee Bean Damai


Dearest Hime,

In less than 2 hours, it will be Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day. Gong Hei Fatt Choi to you love. Seems like cny is a bit more happening than last year. I can even see beautiful fireworks outside through the glass window. Wish I can watch it with you. At this moment, I'm sure you're busy at work. I hope all goes well on your side tonight.



Hours earlier I had another swimming session with Hannah. Today I outdid myself and swam further than I did before. A few more weeks max, I think I can swim all the way to the other end of the pool. Yet, I still can't float... haha You were my inspiration today to be better at swimming. In fact, you are my inspiration in everything I do. Because of you, my life now has taken a direction that pushes to me rise above myself more than I ever did before.


The sun will rise tomorrow and I'll be seeing you then. While most people I know are busy with Chinese New Year, I'll be all about Valentine's Day. Last year I never really did celebrate. This year will be special. As I said, you inspire me to rise above myself. Tomorrow's Valentine's Day will be an experience that the previous ones are no where near to compare.

Let me share with you something...



"Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. And yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood? An afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it. Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - actor Brandon Lee reciting the quote from Paul Bowte's Sheltering Sky

Life is short. For what I know, I'll never get a second chance to be with someone like you anymore.


Happy Valentine's Day. It won't be one without your presence.

I love you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment