Pages

Escape to Mantanani

Still hoping to get my long vacation soon. Till then, last week I managed to get a much needed one day retreat at Mantanani.



"Mantanani Islands are a group of three isolated islands located northwest of Kota Belud, about an hour’s drive from the state capital of Sabah, Kota Kinabalu. These islands are approximately 45 minutes boat ride by speedboat from the mainland.

The islands boasts of crystal clear blue waters filled with a myriad of marine life and white sandy beaches fringed by coconut palm trees. One of the main reasons that Mantanani Islands is popular for local and tourists alike is because of its picturesque scenery, cool breezes and serene environment.

http://www.scubaparadiseborneo.com.my"



Sad but true, I never really been for an island trip. Well I've been to one before long time ago but that trip doesn't really count coz I hardly did anything other than walking around. So this particular trip to Palm Beach at Mantanani Island means a lot to me. I was walking and running on the beautiful white sands of Mantanani. Even managed to play frisbee and volleyball with Ultimate Frisbee buddies Ritchie and Mark that by chance were in the same trip wtih me. Oh and how I enjoyed lying down on a hammock with the cool breeze passing around. What I really enjoyed the most during the trip was...




Snorkeling! I had phobia of drowning in the sea especially when I don't know how to swim(another sad but true case of me). But snorkeling got rid of the phobia for me. Which is important coz snorkeling and learning how to swim are what I want to achieve before completing one of my 2009 resolution of getting a diving license.




Anyway, I now proclaim snorkeling as my new found hobby. Its a lot of fun and at right spots, the view underwater is amazing.




Great moments indeed during the trip especially with my fellow staff Ellen and Marcella. Special thanks to Elaine Rajah, the Scuba Paradise representative that arranged the trip as part of promoting the island tour package at my workplace. Elaine, you're cool and I had a blast! Can't wait to return to Mantanani again one day.


p/s: If you are interested to take a trip to Mantanani, do contact Elsie 088-266695/013-8681011 or visit Scuba Paradise website at http://www.scubaparadiseborneo.com.my for more details.

6 comments:

LeMoNz said...

HI DINO! =D LELY HERE =D

=D

edrie said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so happy. tee hee! =)

d1n0za said...

LeMoNz - Hey Lely! :-D

edrie - Bah, lets go get our diving license! heh...

Cath J said...

Wowww!!!!! BEST!!!!!!

Cherrylynnie said...

I wish i had an underwater camera when i went on my pulau trip *sob*
Don't have anymore pics? ;p
I'll make a mental note to go there the next time i come back to kk

d1n0za said...

Cath J - Must try!

Cherrylynnie - Yeah, please do so. Bring me too! I wanna go back there again. heh...

Post a Comment